
December is hands down my favorite month of the entire year. I love Christmas. I love the lights. I love the music. I love the baking. I love the decorating. And I love the entire reason we celebrate: Christ.
It's our first Christmas in a house with a tree! A year ago I had just arrived. We were still living in an icky temporary housing room over Christmas. This is MUCH better.
I priced Christmas trees and decided on one that I picked up on my way home from work last night (the Base Exchange - the store on base where you can get household misc. had all of 3 artificial trees to choose from --and the real ones in this area are pretty expensive) that were not great and still expensive). Tonight we switched on the Christmas music, untangled the lights and set up the tree. Yay!
This is a picture of Philip hanging the reindeer ornament that he has hung every year. Luckily, he came into the room just as I was about to hang it and was able to snatch it. . . :)

1 comment:
Hi Philip and Joy,
We're anxious to see that tree in person! Joy, do you remember the year Dad and I decided to get a real tree for a change. You and Josh weren't all that thrilled with our grand idea. Turns out you missed the "tradition" of going out to the box in the garage and "building" the tree.
Post a Comment