Thursday, 8 October 2009

NWC reunion


The last two nights we have been able to host a couple that I went to NWC with. Kim & Greg Rosauer are currently teaching English in South Korea. It was wonderful to reminisce about Northwestern days and talk about our wild ex-pat adventures as young married couples living abroad. I remember watching Kim give a speech in a class during my first campus visit my junior year in high school. She was also the roommate of an RA who's hall I spent a lot of time with and did Bible study with during my freshman year. Rosauers graduated in 05. She was a Comm major and he was a Biblical Studies major. After he finished his MA in Biblical Exegesis from Wheaton, they decided to be adventureous and move across the planet. They are now on a one month vacation exploring England. It was great to have them with us.

3 comments:

cpearson said...

How fun to meet up in England! How did they know your contact information? I'm sure they appreciated your hospitality, and your hints on seeing the country. I must have heard that speeach at NWC then. Can't say I remember the speech, but I remember the prof praying before class and students praying before their presentations. When I saw that, I knew NWC would be a good place for you.

Joy. said...

:) we connected thanks to facebook

jenny said...

How fun! Always great to run into random friends anywhere and everywhere. Guess who I just saw at our base as I was welcoming Travis home from his last deployment?? Sarah Hoelscher... remember her? She was ROTC and is now married and a pilot at the same base we are! It was a really weird/cool moment!