I was blessed to have a twenty-fifth Christmas full of love and warmth, surrounded by people I dearly love. Most of our traditional Christmas celebration occured on Christmas Eve. We enjoyed a yummy turkey dinner. The meal was a very memorable and special one as we engaged in conversation reflecting on what has occured between Christmas 2009 and Christmas 2010. Following dinner, we opened stockings and then played dominoes late into the night (and by late I mean we were all crashing by about 9:50. . . no joke).

We woke up on Christmas morning to a beautiful winter mountain day. We were on the slopes skiing by 9:30. We at lunch at the resort, spent some more time on the mountain and then came home and settled in for a relaxing evening together complete with a viewing of "It's a Wonderful Life"
(I *heart* Donna Reed. She was my idol for a long time - a BEAUTIFUL, successful actress from the midwest [DR is from Iowa])

Something that made this Christmas very special for me was having my "Lere sister" join us for the merriment and celebration. Mindy Hoffman has been a longtime family friend of the Leres. I first met her while I was in CO for Christmas in 2006. I feel very strongly that Paul & Laura should legally adopt her and made it official (never mind she's over 18) - seriously the bond I share with this girl is pretty awesome. We clicked as soon as we met, and erupt in laughter at our commonalities whenever we are together. We "get" each other on a wavelength not a lot of people can. It's nice. Mindy is the kid of friend you can be real around. You can be sad, mad, frustrated, estatic, or just in the middle. It doesn't matter. It's a friendship where you don't go into guilt mode if there isn't communication for several months. We can pick up wherever we left off and resume without having to dredge through shallow, surfacy conversation. Both of us are pretty bit on authenticity and being real and transparent - so that's exactly how we are with each other. It's beautiful. I love her and she was exactly what I needed this Christmas.

preparing the feast (mom, you would have been proud - Philip peeled all of the potatoes)
Paul opening "Stuff Christians Like" wearing his red Christmas sweater. It was his grandpa's, and he wears it each Christmas. LOVE IT!
Philip was very pleased with my present for him: a collection of essays by Warren Buffet.
I was SOOOO excited that there were Malteasers & Caramel Digestives(my British favorites) in my stocking!!!!!!!!!!! Laura thoughtfully stocked up when they traveled to the UK in October.
The Lere crew on Christmas Eve 2010
1 comment:
Great photos! The Lere house looks very festive indeed! I love the red sweater. And yes, I'm very proud of the potato-peeling-Philip. He's the man. I wondered how you got the English sweet delights when you mentioned it on Facebook. Way to go, Laura! Glad to see you all looking happy, and enjoying a Happy, Merry Christmas. Greetings to you all......
Post a Comment