Tuesday, 11 January 2011

what do you see?

The semester has officially started.  It felt so good to be back in the classroom surrounded by the rest of my "school family".  Today I had social psychology and group psychotherapy --- both should be very interesting courses, so Tuesdays are a thumbs-up day :) I just wrapped up my reading for Assessment tomorrow (we're learning about projective drawings ----- FA.SC.IN.AT.IN.G.  ---- my favorite is the Kinetic Family Drawing --- you have a child (or adult) draw a family "doing something"  --- it's amazing how much insight you can gain from the placement of family members and the activities that they are engaging in.  I remember how cool I thought this was when I learned the technique from my MA assessment and practicum supervisor.  It's fun going more indepth with things.  Projective testing is kind of love it or hate it.  I think that I'm going to like it.  I love abstract art, so I think it's pretty cool.  My more concrete colleagues who think "good" art is art that looks like the scene a painter is trying to recreate get more frustrated with it. . . It's SUPER difficult stuff (coding for the Rorschach actually looks like Calculus - no joke) but very interesting.  Hopefully that'll make the hours of study that await me a bit less painful.

No comments: