Wednesday, 2 February 2011

I've got sunshine. . . on a cloudy day. When it's cold out side. . .

Right now my fb status about sums it up:

Had I not MORE than paid my cold weather dues by growing up in MN, I may feel guilty about enjoying this sunny, 50 degree day while the rest of the country endures historically abysmal blizzard conditions. But I had 21 years of that drama, so I'm relishing the fact that today I really need my sunglasses lest I be blinded by the beautiful, warm sunshine.


I'm horrible.  I know.  I'm sorry.  I don't know how we're fortunate enough to miss out on this crazy weather sweeping across the US.  Right now I'm sitting in a newly-discovered, amaaazing study spot.  See the sunshine in the picture?  I'm so excited!!!!
 
For all of you caught in the cold:  please be safe.  Stay inside.  Make valentine's day cookies.  Wear your pjs all day.  Drink hot chocolate.  Snuggle under your favorite blanket.  And unless you or your wife are having a baby, please do not try to drive anywhere.
 
This week has gone fast.  It's been busy.  T, W, Th I've been on phone duty for the university clinic.  So I've stayed in DC after class and then taken phone intakes from 4:30-7 each evening.  I've been starting to look at my summer schedule and am just getting excited (nervous about workload and not being a horrible wife whose husband feels completely neglected, but excited) about seeing patients and being in the middle of the craziness and wonderfulness of it all next year.  I've definitely had a stretch of feeling so blessed and grateful to be in the midst of this opportunity.  There are plenty of things to be anxious about or worry about or wish were "better". . . but that is life.  I don't want to live a life focusing on those things.  There will ALWAYS be those things. There will always be people around me that focus on those things.   The beautiful thing is that a Soverign, loving God will always be will with me through those things.
 
Starting to learn the interpretation of Rorschach in Assessment. SO SO SO interesting.  I love this test!  Also really enjoyed the PTSD/trauma lecture that I went to on Sat. morning (how nerdy do you have to be to be excited about coming to school for an extra lecture on a Sat. a.m.  really. . .)
 
Back to estudiaring. . . (that's "studying" for those of you who didn't have a high school spanish experience that left you fluent and embracing foreign language like me. . . ha ha ha).  Ciao!

1 comment:

Laura said...

I'm estudiaring also! I appreciate that you've learned to create new Spanish verbs.
As for staying in, I went out yesterday. Leaving the house the car read 35 below zero. I even decided to go skiing for two runs during work just to say I did. It was a balmy 20 below when I returned home. We might make 30 tomorrow, thinking about skiing a whole day.
Enjoy the sunshine and the estudiaring and your wonderful husband.