Sunday, 25 January 2009

Saturday Night Fever

Last night we were with friends. It was a combination of celebrating a birthday / welcome home from a couple who had just been deployed (they're a mil-to-mil couple (translation: two active duty people married) she was in Baghdad & he was in Quatar ---- now there's a challenging reintegration - it's hard enough when one person is at "home" and one person is "gone" but when you've both been deployed in different worlds it's really tough) / general get together and hang out after everyone had a couple of crazy busy weeks at work.

We enjoyed a great dinner and lots of laughter. When everyone else had left Philip & Matt busted out the Wii. I had my first Rock Band experience. I was better on the drum set than the guitar. Jana and I were a bit videogamed out but the boys reached a point where they couldn't stop (no joke they said "one more game" about twelve times). Jana & I wisely kept in mind what time our alarms would go off for church and crashed while the boys kept boxing. . .



We're going to miss Matt & Jana so much when they leave this summer. They each walk a walk that Philip and I really pray that we can emulate in our careers and our lives. It is rare that you meet two individuals of such high calibur.

1 comment:

cpearson said...

Just one more game....that sounds like the long good-bye in "How to Talk Minnesotan." Your boys make me smile.