Saturday, 24 January 2009

Washing Woes. . .


I made a sad discovery when pulling a load of laundry out of the dryer today. . . our passports had gone through the wash. Not what you want to find in a pocket after it has gone through the wash. . . We think mine will be okay as it is the one with my UK visa in it is a special one that is a bit thicker and has some kind of security/tracking device in it (which I'm sure the water and heat was good for) however the huge bummer was Philip's passport. The inside started to pull away from the outside, which would not be a huge deal except that he is spending part of February in Germany for work so he needs it to get in and out of the country in a few weeks (he's flying commercial there and we're worried that customs officers won't be real impressed with it. . .). I have a feeling that getting it replaced with not go that fast, so that's feeling a bit stressful. Blah.

Today's been a pretty chill day. After a large comissary run this morning, I started baking bread and made a dessert for tonight (we're having dinner w/ a group of friends at Matt & Jana's). The house needs some serious attention, but Philip and I are taking a little time out and doing some fun reading. He's beside me with The Commercial Real Estate Investor's Handbook and I am enjoying (really, honestly, sadly) Handbook of Clinical Psychopharmacology for Therapists.

I woke up to a wonderful surprise in my inbox this morning. My amazing mother-in-law had done some sale rack sweater shopping for me and taken pictures of everything asking what I wanted to keep and what she could return. Laura is amazing. I am so incredibly blessed. It meant a lot that she took the time to do that for me. *I'm really missing American shopping right now - the huge selection , the sales & the low prices*

Have a wonderful weekend!

1 comment:

cpearson said...

**Sorry about the passports...but somewhat better than losing them.
**Hmmm, not many other young couples would read what the two of you were reading for "fun" reading. Keep reading....
**Way to go, Laura! That was an interesting way to use technology for shopping. You get my ingenious award for today.
**Sending a hug........