

After church and a Sunday afternoon nap for Joy :) Philip and I went into Cambridge for a date. We got Starbucks (the primary purpose of the trip ;), spent time at the Cambridge University Press bookstore and walked around town. It was a beautiful day out. We had a great time. I love that a Christ-centered marriage isn't a graveyard that romance and liking each other goes to die. He's my best friend. I love him.
Usually we are HORRENDOUS with these self-portraits, at least today both of our heads were in the frame. . . I told him we needed a few fun pictures to show our children that we were cool long long ago and would go on dates in Cambridge. They will probably have a hard time believing we were anything but lame-os, so I'm gathering as much pictoral proof now that I possibly can. I want to also have something to combat "mom, we NEVER go anywhere" (though with military brat kids I'm not so sure that actually crops up a lot. . . mainly "we're moving again?? we just got here!" or (in Europe) "not ANOTHER castle. . . ") I'm prepared to tell them "we like staying in one place because dad and I have been everywhere already. Just look at the pictures for some fun today. We're old and tired and adventured out." Okay, I don't think that'll ever happen (us wanting to stay in one place OR being adventured out. . . but we will have some stories by the time it's said and done)Right now I'm baking bread and we're getting ready to go to sleep and wake up to a new week tomorrow morning.

2 comments:
Awww, you're such a cute couple :) You're also very funny - already thinking about your kids calling you lame and boring. And if you end up in North Dakota they'll say "Not another snowstorm!"
You know why your kids will think you're lame and boring? It's that the previous generation will still be out traveling you in their old age! Maybe. You have been catching up a bit this year. You've been to how many countries... 4 or 5? We're down to just 3. You know me... the competition has begun.
Post a Comment