
Back in 5th, 6th and 7th grade many of my female counterparts had pictures up in their lockers of their celebrity crushes. Personally, I was not into Johnathon Taylor Thomas (remember JTT?!). As far as the Hanson brothers, I was more like mmmmNO than mmmmBop. . . 
I tried to suspend judgement from my girlfriends, but admittedly I thought their crushes were a bit silly. I, on the otherhand, had a picture of the Lere family up in my locker. I would explain to my classmates that Philip was "the boy from Mexico that I was going to marry" [at our wedding I had pictures of Philip and I together growing up on the front of our programs. When a couple of my elem/junior high/high school classmates arrived for the ceremony my friend Dustin leaned over and asked my friend Jana what was up with the picture. She explained. His jaw dropped in disbelief and he said, "you mean she's marrying that guy she always said she would?!"]
Next to Philip's picture, I had a picture of Them.
Forget Hollywood. If I was going to dream, I was going to dream big. Forget a sitcom star. I wanted to be royalty. So yes, I never had regular celebrity crushes - I had my sights set on William and Harry (William was my first choice but I was quite smitten with his red head brother as well).
Well, today she got him.
He treats me like a princess. And this life we're living is more than I could have ever hoped or wished for in my wildest dreams.
I wish William & Kate all of the happiness in the world. I pray that Kate does not endure the years of misery and heartache that Princess Diana faced (seriously, that woman's story shatters my heart into a million little pieces - not just her tragic death --- more her tragic life and loveless marriage). I hope that Diana's wish for her eldest son comes true. . .
If you find someone you love in your life,
then hang on to that love.
- Princess Diana's advice to William about love
Given all the wedding pomp and circumstance today I did really feel a bit England homesick, but then I thought about how insane London would have been today and it made me feel a little bit better about not being in the midst of the madness. I didn't get to watch the wedding because I had a final followed by 2 lectures. I did see a bit of Oprah's wedding special playing closed-caption at the gym --- (can I just say that she and the rest of the silly Americans in the audience who were trying to pull off the British wedding look with their hats and ascots looked RIDICULOUS!!!).
side note: I suspect that Kate's choice of dress may start to shift the tide of wedding dress design back toward very classic long-sleeved gowns and maybe we will start to move away from almost everything being strapless. . .










3 comments:
K... love the princes too. I was never into any celebrities either - but my sisters and I LOVED the princes. Ahhh.. I still do! :-)
Yes, and now I want to go back and redo my wedding dress. I never ever thought about weddings until I got married. Now, I feel like I'm way more "knowledgeable" about all the styles out there and I just LOVE the lace and her dress was so perfect....
Yes, you DO have a very handsome prince. And the princess that grew up in our home is now his. It soon will be the 4th anniversary of that day in May.
I enjoyed your post. I've thought about your England days often this past week as I heard snippets about the royal wedding. I wondered what your blogs would have included if you were still living in England. Maybe you could have charged for overflow parking out where you lived :)
I also loved the bride's dress, and I had the same thoughts as your parting comment, wondering if her choice will impact gown styles now around the world.
Love, Mom
P.S. Any extra warmth and sunshine there in D.C.? Send some over, please.
You snagged a very handsome prince indeed!
Post a Comment