I just wanted to give a brief update on my falling apart yesterday. Things aren't sorted out but I have definitely felt everyone's prayers as I now have the peace to sleep and keep going with life without becoming completely consumed by the crazy chemicals that make my brain spin.
I had the opportunity to meet with two managers to briefly discuss the situation today. We have to find someone who is qualified who will AGREE to be my supervisor. If we find someone who will agree, I have to make a proposal to the clinic owner and then the next hurdle is figuring out how my supervisor will be paid for their time (as it is not ethical for me to pay them) as it is an added expense to the clinic.
I knew that the Lord wasn't going to allow me to go to work and have it solved in one day. There's more growth that has to come from this, so God is having me sit in my discomfort for awhile (something I drum into the girls every day) while I actively trust and have faith. I was grateful that He allowed me to have the conversation I did so that I could have some peace about the fact that there's a chance something can be worked out. I needed that.
Thank you for your continued prayers. I am confident that in seven months I will have another remembrance stone in my life that is a undeniable reminder that "if God can work this out so well, He can do ANYTHING" My life is filled with them already: being alive, graduating from NWC early, working at the Chapel so that I could get my job at the Boulderado, getting a job immediately after graduation in Boulder, being able to get my master's in another country, finding a dream job in mental health in another country. NONE of those things had ANYTHING to do with me. The timing, the opportunity, the training, the ability. . . none of it had nothing to do with Joy and everything to do with the One who created me. Funny how each time I am called on to trust in His sovereignty again it is so easy to lose focus off of the evidence of what He has done already.
Tuesday, 3 March 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
Add to your list: marrying your "babyhood" sweetheart!
I know you will figure it all out, and that God will see that you do. I love you! Patience, Joy!
Post a Comment