A quick catch-up on life. . . There have been a few interesting events in the last couple of weeks (which I will highlight) HOWEVER the reality is that I'm just filling time waiting for the GW answer. I just need a yes or a no. I'll be devastated if I don't get a yes BUT I'm holding out little hope for one at this point. I spoke with my Cambridge prof about the situation and she said that the reality was that the whole faith / use of word "calling" thing would really hurt any chances I have and that if my second interviewer has no military sympathies (or worse) that my assessment that things didn't go real well wasn't off base. Very disappointing, so I'm ready to have some confirmation instead of feeling horrible but deep down clinging to a shred of hope that for some reason despite the horrible interview they think I'd be a good candidate. I'm working to stay as busy as possible because, seriously, the anxiety I'm dealing with his HIDEOUS. I have a lot more to say about the matter and the faith journey this is but I will share that when I process the actual getting of the final answer. . . I trust His soverignty and have been experiencing peace in waves --- but sometimes I'm really preoccupied and rattled by all of it.
Onto the purpose of this post. . . BABIES.

My interesting story: I got to go on a military wife adventure last week that was really really special. My friend Suzie (33 weeks prego now!!!) and I were sitting in our Cambridge class. 15 minutes into the lecture she leaned over and told me she wasn't feeling great and needed to step out. 10 minutes after she had been gone I decided I needed to go check on her. She was on the phone to the OB/GYN clinic at Lakenheath explaining that she had been feeling horrible all day and began contracting during class. My heart ached for her as I watched her bravely fighting back tears trying to explain sensations to the nurse that she hadn't experienced before (it's hard to explain when you don't have a reference point!). I knew that in that moment all this girl wanted was her husband back home (he's been gone all of the pregnancy and we're PRAYING he will be home just on time for baby's arrival). We ended up leaving class, and I went with her to the hospital. Things were okay and the contractions stopped, but they hooked Suzie and baby up to the heart monitor for about an hour. It was AMAZING hearing the baby's heart beat!
Having Philip away during a pregnancy and birth has always been one of my biggest "military fears". I suppose it still is. However, watching how Suzie has handled such a challenging situation with such grace is a good reminder of how incredible and supportive an overseas military family is. I sat next to Suzie in the hospital bed and felt a great deal of comfort knowing that I have people in my world that would do the exact same thing for me. If I can't have Philip next to me during a pregnancy, I definitely want someone like Suzie :)
On Sunday I went to a baby shower for Suzie. I am proud to announce that I won the prize for best "worst" name suggestion: Gordon Brown Walker. Gordon Brown is the current (quite unattractive, unpopular) prime minister of England. I was proud. . . I beat out "Stalker Walker" and "Lucas Skye Walker" for the prize!
2 comments:
Just like me, anything to win!
Ummm, I won't repeat the adjective you used to describe your interview (starts with a "h") but I don't believe that would be an accurate description. Plus, the Cambridge person didn't interview you, so that person was giving their opinion. God will order your steps, and the details of an interview are not at all bothersome for Him. He loves you, and so do I!!!!
I laughed at the name contest. You all had fun with that. That's a fun thing to do at a baby shower. Congratulations on winning, by the way.
Post a Comment