I've had a busy afternoon. I had to take care of my on-base leaving checklist. Filing paperwork for road tax. Mailing stuff. Putting a hold on mail. Picking up Philip's debit card to get to him so he has $ to get home. I came back to the house and started cooking up a storm. Right now I'm working on a roast and a huge batch of homemade bread to put in the freezer for Philip and I have a "vegetable crumble" (yummy clinic recipe. . . adapted a bit. . . added chicken and, well, won't lie I didn't use near as much butter ;) in the oven for tea tonight. I'm quite pleased as I've done a fairly good job of planning food the last couple of weeks to use everything in the fridge and freezer up!
Wednesday, 4 August 2010
Joy's "Leaving Do"
Exhaustion persists. I've just finished day 10 of 12. I can't believe I only have two days at the clinic. I REALLY can't believe that I'm leaving England permenantly on Sunday morning.
I was overnight in Norwich on Saturday night and Monday night. I didn't want to drive home at 11 pm on Sat. night just to turn around and leave the house at 6:30 am. Monday night I went out with some of my work colleagues for my official "leaving do" (if you remember from my post on Sarah's "hen do" you will remember that in the UK "do" is a term for a party/gathering). We had a WONDERFUL night of fantastic food (okay, dessert was a bit dissapointing but the main was super), wonderful company and tons of laugher at "Ha Ha's Bar & Grill" - a nice, upscale restaurant in Norwich.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Do you have audio that goes with the pictures from your "do?" Looks likes a lot of smiles and hearty laughs. They were probably getting some more teasing in about your American"isms."
Post a Comment