*sidenote* Amber, all week I kept thinking "oh, I wish Amber could be here with us". . . *amber smith was another one of my precious Greenfield girls who is probably reading this right now*
I always dread getting back into the work routine after being gone (especially when I've been away for so long). I had really been feeling guilty about all of the time I had been away, but the Lord was gracious and I felt back in the loop right away yesterday. It was a definite answer to prayer.
I always dread getting back into the work routine after being gone (especially when I've been away for so long). I had really been feeling guilty about all of the time I had been away, but the Lord was gracious and I felt back in the loop right away yesterday. It was a definite answer to prayer.
I had a great day with the girls yesterday. I took a few of them to the badmiton court yesterday. I hadn't been prepared to go, so we had a very amusing afternoon as I played in a pencil skirt and nylons. Of course the feet of my nylons started getting holes in them, so I ripped holes in my feet and rolled them up to look like leggings. We had some good times joking about "what, you don't dresss like this to play badmiton in England? this is how we do it in America!"
Last night we had a really fun evening with one of our small groups. We met and watched a HILARIOUS dvd of a Christian comedian, Tim Hawkins. One of the funniest guys I have ever heard. Seriously, look him up on YouTube. . . We were dying laughing Laughing is prettymuch one of my very favorite things, so it was a great Friday night.
Today I'm going over to Matt & Jana's to work with Matt on finalizing the worship set for a military family retreat in Germany we're singing at over Thanksgiving . Philip is visiting a friend of ours at a hospital in London (he and his wife are missionaries in Nazareth, Israel - he was here for a couple of weeks doing some Ph.D. work and got hit by a car in London and was in surgery this morning). Tonight we have a going away party for one of the captains in Philip's squadron. Tommorow will be a pretty typical Sunday: church, small group and then we're having Matt & Jana over for dinner.
2 comments:
seems like you always got something cool going on there in europe...must be quite the party
Justin, we're just having all of the adventure we can now because the rest of our assignments will probably be in the middle of nowhere where the entertainment will be driving an hour to get to a town with a Wal Mart :)
Post a Comment