I took a day off of work today to go into London where I got to meet up with a college friend, Shannon Klingen, and her husband. She and I are NWC PR girls. Keith & Shannon were flying from NY to Uganda to visit his sister and her husband (missionaries in Kampala) and were able to work the tickets to have a day in London for us to hang out. It was wonderful.
Shannon's dad is an AF colonel. When something military life related happens that makes me want to cry or curse, Shannon is often the first person I run to :) Several months ago we made the connection (actually through something Shannon read on the blog) that Shannon's family knows some of our friends (Jim & Bea who head the Campus Crusade Military Ministry in this area) very well. The military is a small world! Bea came with to hang out today which was great. I hadn't gotten to see Shannon & Keith since our wedding almost two years ago. Bea hadn't seen her since she was 12! (though Shannon's parents have come to visit Fishbacks in England) It was really a bummer that Philip couldn't come with us, however he's in the midst of a big inspection at work so time away is not an option at all.
I reeeally hope it's not another two years before we get to see them. Keith is a youth pastor in NJ. It is my prayer that the Lord continues to bless their ministry and encourage them as they walk through the blessings and challenges inherent with full-time vocational ministry.
2 comments:
I bet there are getting to be some beautiful gardens in England now. Where was the bottom photo taken? You didn't even need a winter jacket, scarf and mittens for the top photo like the last time you were there. I'm glad you enjoyed the day, and that Bea could be with.
the bottom photo was outside Buckingham Palace
Post a Comment