Saturday, 23 May 2009

Sarah's Hen Do

THE NHC OCCUPATIONAL THERAPY TEAM AT ITS BEST :)

If you're American you are likely looking at the title thinking, "WHAT is she talking about?!?!" I'll do some translating. . . any kind of party or gathering can be refered to in Britian as a "do" (example, our work Christmas party was referred to as 'the Christmas do'). A night out with the bride-to-be/bachelorette is referred to as a "hen" night -- put them together and you get a "hen do" which is what we had for the occupational therapist I work with at the clinic.
We went to one of the nurse's homes (ABSOLUTELY AMAZING HOUSE - seriously looked like it came out of a magazine and that's not something I say about many houses in the UK. . .) for a night of food, drink and general merriment. It was lovely.

With Lynn, our lovely hostest and prettymuch the greatest nurse EVER. I love her to bits.




1 comment:

cpearson said...

This looked like quite a "do." I'm sure your party planning and American flavor of entertainment and celebrating added to the atmosphere.