Sunday, 3 May 2009

Happy 3 - 1 3 + 1th

Creative Math. 24. 3-1. 3+1.
It takes a federal agent and a special tactics officer to come up with something that good.


I couldn't have asked for a better birthday today. Philip & I went to church, came home and he told me that I could nap for the afternoon while he cleaned (sleep is prettymuch my favorite pastime and cleaning is my love language, so I couldn't have been happier :) Tonight we hung out with Matt & Jana (that was my one birthday request - I was very fortunate to have it granted as Jana arrived yesterday from working a month in Japan, Hawaii & Guam --- talk about jet lag!!!)

This was the first birthday of mine Philip & I have ever been together, so that was really a treat :) More than anything I celebrate my mother today. I talked to my parents as they were getting ready to leave for church this morning (. It was all of 8:00 am but she had already balanced the church financial records and baked a rhubarb dessert but she mused that it was still a MUCH easier morning than she had on 3 May twenty-four years ago :) (She went into the hospital at 9 pm on the second --- after working in the field that day --- and I was born at 5:32 am the next morning)
The camera battery died. More pictures tomorrow.

4 comments:

cpearson said...

Just to set the record straight: I didn't technically "work" in the field that day. Dad was planting corn, and it was so time consuming for him to keep checking on me (no cell phones or 2-way radios) so he brought me out to the field for awhile. Maybe I put away a few empty seed bags or something. So, Joy, just be thankful you weren't born in a cornfield!! Wow, the first time you have been with Philip on your actual birthday. It's about time, I would say.
Happy Birthday again! Did you have a birthday drink made in the Birthday Blender?
From your blog-reading mother.

Laura said...

No cell phones or Radios Connie? Did we have our kids in the olden days or what? Never could keep up with you mom Joy! Happy Birthday a bit late, traveling means we're not close to a good phone connection. Glad you were together for this one. I guess I'm a bit rusty on the math side as I still don't get the cryptic birthday number.

Laura said...

Feeling better now: you mean Three minus one; three plus one. Didn't get the 3-13+1th. I was coming up with minus 12 to the 1th degree! That seemed a bit more complicated and beyond my math brain.

Joy. said...

3-1= 2
3+1 = 4