Thursday, 10 December 2009

Enjoying the Austrian Alps & taking in Bavaria


Here are the promised pictures from the end of our time in Sontofen, Germany and wondering around the Alps. We had the Friday we were there to explore, so we hiked up to Neuschwanstein Castle. It definitely looked like a Disney fairy tale! The castle was featured on the movies "The Great Escape" and "Chitty Chitty Bang Bang"








Our last day, we flew out of Munich so I got to take in a really tremendous German Christmas Market (wish I could have had you with me Shannon!). That is one of the biggest things that I'm going to miss about living in Europe!












3 comments:

cpearson said...

The pictures were well worth the wait. Thank you.

ShannonK said...

awww YES I love them and miss them so much! Such a different feeling for Christmas in Europe! Thanks for posting. I love the German Wilkommen sign, makes me feel at home! :)

Miss Bee said...

JOY I GOT MY XMAS CARD!!!!!!!!!