I made it! The only "excitment" in my travels yetserday were getting onto the shuttle from base to Heathrow. I got there just before 8:00 am (which is when I had been led to believe that the shuttle arrived outside of billeting). I had a sinking feeling all morning that my car was going to get inspected when the checked my id at the gate, but luckily this did not happen. However, when I approached the bus with my bags the bus driver was getting ready to board the bus and almost didn't let me on. He at first refused. Then I gave him my most desperate face and said, "PLEASE, sir!" He was a British civilian who works for the charter company the military has hired. He yelled at me and read me the riot act the whole time he loaded my bags and I filled out my paperwork and sneered, "if anyone is late for their plane it is going to be COMPLETELY YOUR FAULT." We pulled out at 8:02. Get over it, man. What a jerk. The rest of the trip went just fine however it would NOT have been a pretty scene if I hadn't been able to get to London.
Like the last time I was in MN I got here, had been awake for 24 hours and still didn't sleep very long last night. Two Ambien didn't even knock me out.
This morning I got up and helped my dad and brother with an extension they are building on one of my dad's sheds. After lunch, I took my bridesmaid's dress to be altered by someone from my parents' church (I couldn't find anyone in the UK who would do it without charging me at least what the dress cost in the first place).
On our way home, my mom and I visited an edlerly lady from their church. My parents have always been so incredible at reaching out to people. I can r
emember lots of afternoons at church where we would visit shut-ins or go to the nursing home to visit people from church. As I get older, I am really understanding and appreciating the depth and magnitue of the servant hearts that both of my parents have and the selflessness and giving they modeled for my brother and I growing up.
emember lots of afternoons at church where we would visit shut-ins or go to the nursing home to visit people from church. As I get older, I am really understanding and appreciating the depth and magnitue of the servant hearts that both of my parents have and the selflessness and giving they modeled for my brother and I growing up.Tonight we are going to Godfather's Pizza - a Pearson family favorite - especially their taco pizza. Mmmmm.... It'll be the last time all four of us will get to do that in a long time. Sad.
It's reeeally warm here. Close to 100 and very humid. I should have known better when I was packing. I've been used to wearing trousers and long sleeved shirts all summer so I packed more thinking of summer by an England definition, so I'm definately was a bit ill prepared for the heat. (and those of you who know how I pack know that I shouldn't be ill prepared for anything considering how much I drag with me)
1 comment:
You sound busy! Glad you're back in the US - hope you're enjoying your family time. No baby yet for me! Although, I keep walking, hoping that will improve my progress!! :-)
Post a Comment