Wednesday, 20 August 2008

My brother, the ladies man

Today I had a trip highlight that may be very difficult to top. My brother leaves for college on Friday and had asked me to go shopping with him for some new clothes. We had to run my mom into town to pick up the semi after a safety check, so we went to JC Penny before we headed home. I played stylist, and we found some shirts he needed.
My brother is a very attractive guy (I know I'm biased, but there is quite a list of girls who seem to agree). He's built like a football star and works hard in the weight room. At the last minute I reccomended getting a different size of one of the shirts, ran to grab an XL and then brought it back to the counter and quick held it up to him to make sure it didn't look too big (it was a total mom thing to do but I wanted to make it quick since he was in the middle of checking out and just had one of those intuitive feelings ). Across from us was a lady who looked to be in her 70s. As I was holding up the shirt examining it she broadcasted, "well, why don't you just make him take his shirt off and try it on right here, that would sure give old ladies like us a real thrill. . . at least it would sure give me a thrill" She just kept going in an attempt to not implicate the cashier as an "old" lady. We got out the door straightfaced and burst out in laughter. It was hilarious. At the next store there was parking reserved for senior citizens and I joked "why don't you pull in there, oh, no that doesn't say reserved parking for senior citizen entertainment."

He and I have spent the rest of the night laughing our heads off watching The Cosby Show. When we first got a VCR we taped almost all of the episodes and have watched them so much that the tapes are almost all worn out. It's been such a blessing to have some brother sister time today. I love my Joshua Paul.

No comments: