Saturday, 13 February 2010

Celebrating The Birthday Boy

I am a very proud wife. Last night I had the honor of representing Philip at an awards ceremony. We were VERY excited last night when he was awarded recognition as Company Grade Officer of the Year for RAF Mildenhall. It is a BIG deal. I wish so badly that he could have been there as we were surrounded by friends who were celebrating and thinking of him last night. It was truly a privilege to represent this man last night.

Today he turned 25. He is in the Middle East. We had a chance to Skype today which was a real treat. I got to show him everything from last night and wish him a happy birthday. In true Philip fashion he admitted that he had forgotten it was his birthday today until he was filling out a form and was writing his dob and saw that it was the same as today's date. :) A lot of things are changing and up in the air with his deployment. We aren't sure what his final destination will be, when he will get there and what he will be doing. His missionary kid training and natural temperament are proof that the Lord has made him to do what he's doing: he's not phased by the uncertainty AT ALL.

If Philip would have been there we would have walked through the saber arch and been announced. They announced him and went through the motions with the sabers. Pretty cool.
Anthonelli.
Suzie glowing with pride when her husband Jason (also deployed) was announced.
4 star general giving a speech
Good friends excited for Philip

Suzie and I were both representing our CGO nominee husband who are deployed right now. Two peas of a pod that are apparently married to men that are two of a kind when it comes to commitment to country.
I'm proud of my husband, but we both give all glory to Christ for where we are and what we've been allowed to do. The Lord has very strategically placed in Philip on a path where he has had leadership opportunities that are unheard of for most lieutenants and he has provided Philip with some INCREDIBLE mentors who are responsible for teaching Philip what he knows and is able to apply in the work place. A VERY special thank you to all of the individuals who have had a very formative impact on Philip's development as an officer. We recognize that he is where he is today because the Lord put you in our path.

More than anything, I lift my eyes up to the One from our helps come from and point to Him.

2 comments:

Laura said...

Thanks for sharing the story in words and with pictures, it brought tears to my eyes tonight. We are so proud of the two of you.

Unknown said...

And I recognize that part of the reason that Philip is what he is a result of your influence in his life. You too deserve congratulations. Be encouraged by our prayers for you both during his deployment. From an old Mexico friend, Lynda bergin Michael