Her name is Connie Marie
She is extremely special to me.
She puts up with my loud music and weird shoes;
I really don't know how she can control herself
without blowing a fuse!
She cooks, works and does books...
And cleans all of those crannies and nooks.
I may stumble along the way...
But I know she will encourage me, and because of that
On the winding path I will stay
So I want to take time out to say...
Mom, "HAPPY MOTHER'S DAY!"
Joy E. Pearson
May 1996
------------------------------ -----
You've always been there for me,
And I will always be there for you.
I will always love you, no matter what I say or do.
I love you from deep in my heart,
Because in my life you have always been one of the most important parts.
My love and gratitude towards you is too great for words to express,
You are such a great woman-without you this world would be a big mess.
Joy E. Pearson
Mother's Day 1997
*picture above - my mom used to bring a baby pig in from the farm for show and tell for each of my elementary classes*
To say that I was a challenging child to parent would be a gross understatement. My dad remembers a marked change in his sweet little girl from the first day he sent her away on the big yellow bus to school. I used to try to explain to my parents that I used all of my "good" up trying to be the best little girl at school but by the time I got home there was no good left. Sad how the people we love the most often don't get the best of us. . .

She is my inspiration as a wife and as a mother. She is the hardest-working, most generous, godly woman I know. Most people fear becoming their mothers. I can only pray that I can someday be half the woman that my mother has always been.
I love you mom.
Thank you. For everything.
She is extremely special to me.
She puts up with my loud music and weird shoes;
I really don't know how she can control herself
without blowing a fuse!
She cooks, works and does books...
And cleans all of those crannies and nooks.
I may stumble along the way...
But I know she will encourage me, and because of that
On the winding path I will stay
So I want to take time out to say...
Mom, "HAPPY MOTHER'S DAY!"
Joy E. Pearson
May 1996
------------------------------
You've always been there for me,
And I will always be there for you.
I will always love you, no matter what I say or do.
I love you from deep in my heart,
Because in my life you have always been one of the most important parts.
My love and gratitude towards you is too great for words to express,
You are such a great woman-without you this world would be a big mess.
Joy E. Pearson
Mother's Day 1997
*picture above - my mom used to bring a baby pig in from the farm for show and tell for each of my elementary classes*
To say that I was a challenging child to parent would be a gross understatement. My dad remembers a marked change in his sweet little girl from the first day he sent her away on the big yellow bus to school. I used to try to explain to my parents that I used all of my "good" up trying to be the best little girl at school but by the time I got home there was no good left. Sad how the people we love the most often don't get the best of us. . .
She was always there. My mom has always been there. Even when I've pushed her away.
She is my inspiration as a wife and as a mother. She is the hardest-working, most generous, godly woman I know. Most people fear becoming their mothers. I can only pray that I can someday be half the woman that my mother has always been.
I love you mom.
Thank you. For everything.


.jpg)
.jpg)

3 comments:
I love you Joy!
I am writing this an hour after originally reading your Mother’s Day blog. I was crying too hard then to think or type.
As I recall the journey you and I traveled, I think about how we are an example of how God can redeem and restore, heal and bless, and use for good what the enemy meant for harm. The sweet relationship you and I enjoy now is the result of prayers of others, and His touch on our lives. It is one of my life’s blessings that I am the most thankful for. You are now a part of healing in many others’ lives. May our story be an encouragement to someone who reads your blog. To God be the glory.
So glad to be your “mum.”
P.S. Ohhh, what a cute piggie! Those were the days. We carefully padded the box with lots of straw and chose a warmer day so as to not chill the piglet when we took it away from its momma in the warm barn for a couple hours. Was that picture in your scrapbook?
And, quite the poetry by one Joy Elizabeth Pearson :)
I can imagine the good cry that your mom had reading your tribute. She is a wonderful friend and mom. The two of you do have a story of encouragement to give to others.
What a great post Joy! You have a way with words, just like your mom. I'm glad the tissues were close by.
Post a Comment