Day 4 - photo of the last place you went on holiday. . .
I've had to laugh because all of my participating American friends/fellow bloggers have been commenting about how it's "vacation" not "holiday". . . too funny. Living in England I definitely "went on holiday" for the last there years of my life.
I would say that the last offical "holiday" we went on was our Eastern Med Cruise in October 2009. It. was. GLORIOUS. Technically, we've been to Germany since then, made a "visit" to family last Christmas/New Years and I went camping in Wales. . . however I decided that the cruise was the last relaxing holiday. Germany was kind of work for him. Wales wasn't together. And while I love love love going home, those trips I wouldn't classify them as relaxing getawayse. . . They were more "trips" - you do things on trips. When I "holiday" I like to do NOTHING (like on the cruise! we'd go out for a couple of hours in the morning and then come back for lunch and an afternoon of sunshine and nothingness. . . glorious!!!) When you come back to the country once a year or every 18 months, your "visits" end up being pretty scheduled. I always worked hard not to overbook (but of course then people can be offended if you didn't make a concerted effort to see them and it gets SUPER complicated - sometimes you just want to sneak in and sneak out in order to not hurt feelings) but to make sure I made key visits while enjoying enough chill time with my immediate family.
We were dissapointed that we didn't get to go on a cruise this fall but it was just logistically impossible w/ Philip's delay in Iraq. By the time he was back in England 100% of time had to be devoted to outprocessing and clocking a lot of time in the office in order to prepare for a big inspection at the end of Oct. It probably won't happen the next couple of years but we definitely want to get another one in post deployment, pre internship, pre baby in the next couple of years. . .
Sunday, 14 November 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment