I've got two for you. . .
First. . .
Second. . .
This picture makes me happy for multiple reasons too. It was taken of my mom and I last December when Philip and I were home for Christmas. We were making "Christmas goodies" --- something I have LOVED doing with her ever since I can remember.
Christmas makes me HAPPY. It has always been my favorite, favorite time of year.
It also makes me HAPPY to be together with my mom in this picture. Being far away from family is hard, full-stop. However, this picture is really significant to me because I am happy and healthy in it and it is reflective of how much I love my mom and how well we get along. The getting along well thing wasn't so easy for us from about ages 5-17, so I constantly count my blessings and am so HAPPY that my mom - a woman I respect more than any other on this planet - is one of my closest, most dear friends in adult life.
A lot of things make me happy. Fresh washed bedding. Backrubs. Chocolate. Dresses. Good photojournalistic photography. School. Sleeping. Laughing until my stomach hurts. Being with family. Having soggy cereal for breakfast and crawling back into bed to sleep for another hour. Feeling good in my own skin. Swing dancing. Having an impact. Watching the Cosby show w/ mi familia. Vanilla Cupcake Yankee candles.
Think about the twenty things that make you happiest in life. If you don't have at least half of those happening on a regular basis, please do a priority check. Life is too short to not savor the little pleasures along the way. . . and, as a mental health professional --- it just isn't healthy!!!
Funny how the things that often bring the most joy in life are usually fairly simple, isn't it?
1 comment:
Yep, a clean kitchen (and bathroom) is a definition of happiness. Just think of the fun you will have doing dishes with your fancy squirter tool.
And being in the kitchen with my daughter is a definition of happiness. The above mentioned daughter is one of my FAVORITE people in the whole world, and a great blessing in my life. An amazing thing about that picture is that the cupboard doors are all closed (we won't mention the one that is open just a crack - probably too many bags of brown and powdered sugar up there). So, Joy, thanks for including me in your happiness day blog. I'm enjoying your blog photo of the day.
Post a Comment