I got to talk to Philip for a few moments this afternoon. Yesterday they had done exercises on humvee rollovers yesterday. Apparently last night they didn't have heat in the barracks so he slept with his jacket and the rest of his cold weather gear - POOR GUY! I don't know anyone else traveling "on business" who would be spending the night in WI w/o any heat. . . sheesh.
We found out last week that Philip was named Company Grade Officer of the Year in his Group (several squadrons in the region throughout Europe) and that he got the honors of CGO of the Quarter in his Wing (Groups throughout Europe). He earned it. I'm so proud of what he does, how he does it and why he does it. . .
Today I finally got some semblence of order to the bedroom (one room at a time. . .) The house still looks like a hurricane hit from the move and my recent return. It was good to be back @ chapel and see people again this morning.
Sunday, 10 January 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
Joy, just wanted to encourage you...we're keeping your Christmas card on the fridge the entire time Philip is away as a daily reminder to pray for you both during this time apart. (Plus it doesn't hurt that it's such a cute card. I like to show off my beautiful friends!) Love you!
Congratulations to Lt. Lere!!! We too are proud of him.
Sounds like he's getting cold weather training, whether he needs it or not.
Sending our love, Dad and Mom
Post a Comment